SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECURITY
These development resources will form the cornerstone of our work on projects so that they help to ensure strong protections for people and for the environment. When advocating for green energy, we must also ensure the technology or none of it harms the people or communities and the environment.
The organization will establish a strong community and stakeholder engagement link which will document resilience processes and project impacts, while restoring the livelihoods of people affected by climate change and fossil energy. The organization will also use other forms of safeguards to ensure that environmental and social concerns and community voices are represented in any design and implementation of government and private development projects.
AGECC and CSR/SUSTAINABILITY
Corporate social responsibility—the voluntary commitment of a business that includes triple bottom line actions in its corporate processes—is based on the principle that corporate success and social well-being are interdependent and that the long-term interests of an organization are best served by improving its economic, socio-cultural, and environmental/energy practices, also known as the three pillars of sustainability. As an organization working with entities to support green energy, green economy and climate change adaptation, we will actively seek out opportunities to work with stakeholders, partners and businesses to contribute to the well-being of the communities and cities through the following:
- Promote environmental stewardship and resource conservation by working with communities and businesses operating in their locations to bring sustainability practices to all projects taking place within communities and making the them active decision makers.
- Support initiatives that conserve non-renewable resources by applying sustainability practices within institutions.
- Promote the use of green energy source as an integral part of all projects undertaken by government and communities.
- Work with businesses through training and advocacy on the production and use of recyclable and reusable materials.
- conduct advocacy on sustainable supply chains from extraction to disposal so that our environment contributes to the well being of both fauna and flora.